Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Daily Dose

I'm really having fun with Mac's lastest OS. It is cool and funky and fresh (eat your pants, Bill Gates). Anyway, there's this cool thing called the dashboard (just the touch of the F12 key) where you can load widgets - little programs that are fun and quirky or serious. I currently have a clock, calendar, sticky note, calculator, 5-day weather forecast, a memory game and a map of the world showing the sunlit areas of the planet (the last two downloaded for Mr. Man).

But my favorite widget by far (and I haven't even begun to explore the world of Mac widgets) is Daily Dose - a photo blog. I get a new, interesting photo taken by a man living in Toronto. They're always interesting and the photos intrigue me to go to his website and read the background behind the photos.

I encourage you to check out http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/
In particular check out June 13 and follow the link for pedals and paint - a Toronto bike/art action. Also check out the art installation/activist message on June 10.

Have a good day, all! (btw, where are the rest of you who said you thought a group blog would be cool?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes blogger does this asinine thing where it inserts weird bits when you link things without writing out the code yourself. Try this Daily Dose.

Blogger sent a rumor that one more has joined, but I don't see her yet...

Tue Jun 14, 10:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Seafarer said...

bummer. but i did put the code in myself. thanks for the correct link.

i see that GoGo has joined us...hmmm?

Tue Jun 14, 11:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger GoGo said...

Makes me want a Mac. Mmm.

Tue Jun 14, 12:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Seafarer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Jun 14, 06:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Seafarer said...

my post this morning inspired me to go find more widgets. today's additions are a widget to display the cover art for the album currently playing in my itunes and a "this day in history" calendar. today is the birthdate of harriet beecher stowe (i forget what year).

Tue Jun 14, 06:02:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home