Saturday, November 12, 2005

Mr. Man For President

Mr. Man announced that we should make a sign that says:

Animals are friends, not food.

to put on our car so that other people would know.

Do I think this is related to the fact that my wife took him to the peace vigil earlier that day? You bet! You go, kid, you get geeked on direct action! He was thrilled to hold one of the protest signs at the vigil and reported to me in a somber tone later in the day that one of the people in the vigil had a friend killed in the war.

I'm happy we've opened up the war discussion. It helps put his budding interest in guns in perspective. We can now remind him how a gun killed that person's friend.

We've been talking about how our leader (the president) makes choices that aren't helpful to people or the earth. (We had to explain the "To Save a Tree, Remove a Bush" bumper sticker one day in the parking lot on the way to school.) Last night he realized that we should have a new president and has been since announcing to everyone he likes that they should be president.

I like him. He leads me in the right direction every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home