Friday, June 24, 2005

The Cool and Not So Cool

My world is pretty grim as of late, so I share the cool and not cool world of Mr. Man today.

The Cool:
I had no clue, but I recently learned that Mr. Man can write his own name--all five letters! The third letter comes out slightly mangled and the fifth letter is backwards, but it's really cool. He wrote it first on the white board at my office. Wish I had a digital camera to take a picture and share.

The Not Cool:
We're having dinner last night after working in the garden and he looks out the back door at George, our large tropical plant, and mentions how he thinks a bug is eating George's leaves. He's correct - there's one hole in one of the leaves which could be from a bug or more likely George's leaf got stepped on or mangled when he was drooping in the hot sun far from the rainforest in which George belongs. However, Mr. Man tells me that we should get some special spray to hurt the bug. I know immediately who planted this idea about pesticides in my son's head and I'm steamed. I calmly ask him where he heard about special sprays and he says, "Papa." Damn those non-organic farming grandparents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home