Thursday, June 16, 2005

WTF Were we Thinking?

So I was last seen departing the cafe with GoGo and Sonya last night around 9:15 p.m., when I scurried home to do parent rescue at bedtime (Mr. Man decided hitting was the appropriate bedtime behavior).  After Mr. Man was asleep, we began the task of wiping our old Dell laptop clean of files so we can donate it to a non-profit.  Now, the Dell is old and we use new technology, so wiping the files was hard because the old Windows OS (insert more hatred of Bill Gates) doesn't want to recognize any of our new data storage devices that would connect to the Dell via USB or Firewire, etc.  So, we resort to transferring all the files from the old laptop to our Mac via floppy disk!  Maddeningly slow for the amount of data we had to move and of course we only have a few floppies in the house.  We weren't finished when we went to bed at 4:30 a.m.  The laptop needs to be donated today, so I gave my wife more floppies this morning to complete the task later today. The wake-up call at 7am this morning was not fun.  I feel like a zombie and I have tons of work to do today.  I can only imagine what my wife feels like, caring for Mr. Man today.  (especially after last night's hitting spree).

On a good note, we did spend those tedious hours watching the first half of Angel, season 3.  I have some plot questions about how Buffy-6 overlaps with Angel-3.  I'll refrain until Sonya says it's okay or ask the others privately...I don't want to spoil anything.

Needless to say, I won't be seeing you at the cafe tonight.  It's early bedtime for me tonight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Seafarer said...

valium sometimes seems like a good option. that or a very stiff drink.

on the good side, last night we went to bed without incident and i was fast asleep before he was. couldn't tell you what he did or when he actually dozed off, but it was quiet and I was out. Mysteriously this morning my glasses were bent out of shape and had lots of fingerprint smudges on them. Hmmm????

Fri Jun 17, 09:30:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home