Saturday, July 02, 2005

Week in the Life of a GoGo

This has been my last week free of classes. Next week I begin my new career in academia which starts with the wonderful world of statistics. Statistically, how many people start their academic careers with a stastics class?

For my last week of freedom I was pretty much preoccupied with our grand old President, NOT the Chief, G.W. Bush. I pondered the serious question, can I really live another 3 years with this boob as Prez? What choices do I have? I am so frustrated with this whole affair, I have fallen to the level of elementary name calling. My favorite name so far is George DUB, which a select few may understand, but for those who do not - DUB stands for Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding...its a long story and a label I wish I never learned, but since I have, I might as well apply it accordingly.

The other big event in my last week of freedom (not the freedom as defined by our Scari-dent)has been my continued committment to becoming a healthier me. I ran 7 days last week, so the goal this week was to incorporate weight lifting to the regime. Hehe. Even now, I wonder, what was I thinking. I went to the Gym and lifted weights. Yep, I did it. I read somewhere that when lifting weights you should find a weight level that gives you "the burn" in the last two reps within each set. I started out with light weights, but honestly did not feel "the burn". I decided to go heavier and on those last two reps in each set I FELT "the burn". I felt so good afterwards and proud of myself, I went for an extra long bike ride home. It wasn't until 4:20 am in the morning as I woke up paralyzed in the arms that I realized I might have made a mistake.

I woke up with a full bladder (from drinking my 8 glasses of water throughout the day), but I couldn't move my arms. As I attempted to push myself forward, this tight body piercing pain shot through my biceps, triceps, joints, and other muscles I never knew I had. I thought to myself, My G-d, GoGo, what have you done?! It took me 15 minutes of pure pain to get myself situated into the vertical position complete with a waterbed full bladder to go to the bathroom. But my mistake making (DSM definition: poor insight behavior) did not stop there. As I entered the bathroom, I saw this lovely little bottle of IcyHot, or rather the generic version Cold & Hot and decided to put it on my worn out arms. It felt great, like a warm bath permeating me. Where is the mistake you might ask? Well I then proceeded to go pee, without passing go, collecting $200, or washing my hands. As I wiped my woo, I quickly realized that two ply extra soft TP does not a barrier make between the me and the caution notes on the the side of the tube: For external use only. Lets just say, for the rest of the night I no longer was occupied by the paralysis and pain in my arms, but rather the hot seering pain coming from C. I felt the burn! Though I do admit the afterward tingle was nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG that's funny... you do know they make OTHER cream for that, right?

Sun Jul 03, 11:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger GoGo said...

Note to self, forgoe the Hot & Cold for below there action and go for the OTHER cream.

Tue Jul 05, 04:29:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home